Monday, September 21, 2009

Which side will you choose?

I have really been enjoying "Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2" lately.  I played through the game once already, picking Anti-Registration the first time through and thought the storyline was great.  The end boss was kinda strange, but the overall experience was a lot of fun.  Once I beat the game the first time, then I started the Pro-Registration storyline.  They did a great job incorporating the 2 different storylines into the game and weaving them together like they have.  It's been a lot of fun seeing some of the battles between various heroes such as Captain America fighting Iron Man among others, stuff you would think you would never get to see. 

They really did improve on just about every aspect of the first game.  I am finding it hard to find something from the first game that they carried over to the sequel and didn't improve upon it.  Granted, the game isn't even a week old yet, and we have yet to see any sort of DLC, but I really doubt they can screw that up.

One thing I have given some thought to is to try and find all the comic book issues pertaining to the "Civil War" storyline.  Like I said, I've really enjoyed the game to this point, but since I haven't read the entire story, I'm not completely sure how much of this game is pulled right from the story and what they have added for the game.  The thing that will be really interesting to see is if they make a third game, what storyline will be used.  Will it be a story written for the game like the first one, or pulled directly from the pages of the comics like they did for the second game.  I can tell you about one thing I hope they keep in any other "MUA" games:  the cameo appearance by Stan Lee was genius.

1 comment:

  1. I think the next big 'mega-Marvel-cross-over game' won't be MUA3, but "Kingdom Hearts 4"... :p

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32626135/ns/business-media_biz/from/ET

    ...although this story had the better title...

    http://www.forcesofgeek.com/2009/08/house-of-mouse-acquires-house-of-ideas.html

    Disney + SE Final Fantasy + Marvel characters = something either incredibly neat or something incredibly insipidly stupid

    ReplyDelete