Thursday, September 10, 2009

Attack of the Real Life

First I want to apologize about the lull in updates lately.  Had a busy holiday weekend and wasn't home much, so there wasn't really anything to post about.  The only game playing I did over the weekend was a little on Facebook.  However, once the busyness of the weekend died down, I did get a chance to fire up "Oblivion" again.  I've been plugging away on that the last few days, and a couple hours ago, I finally beat the main quest line, and in doing so, got my first Xbox game with all the achievements finished.  I must quantify that statement by saying that as long as you do the main quest, and all the side quest lines, you will finish the achievements off.  I wish more games were set up that way, because some games have such ridiculous achievements.  I will say this about "Oblivion":  that game is HUGE.  I'll go into that more in a later post though.

Once I got done playing "Oblivion" earlier, I decided to fire up "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare".  I hadn't played that in a long time, so it was kinda nice to get back into that for a while.  I'll admit I am not the best at that game, partly because I get some ugly lag in some matches.  If I can get on a game with a good host though, I do OK.  Plus it's a lot of fun.

I know I said I was gonna pick up "Mass Effect" but I might have to put that on the back burner for a while.  One of the games I have been really excited about is coming out next week, that game being "Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2".  The first game was really a lot of fun, and once I heard they were making a sequel, I have been looking forward to it ever since.  Hopefully work cooperates and I have next Tuesday off.....

2 comments:

  1. Ah well maybe it's best to put off that "Mass Effect" for a while...with all that controversy and all... *cue eye roll*

    http://gamepolitics.com/2008/01/14/conservative-blogger-claims-mass-effect-offers-customizable-sodomy

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/26/arts/television/26mass.html?_r=4&ref=arts

    LOL Just goes to show you can't create adult content even in 2008 (yes, I would say 2009, but it came out in 2008.) :p But alas that's exactly how some prudes reacted to all those Ralph Bakshi animated films of the 70's and the first Heavy Metal movie, in spite of their clear target audience of adults.

    Gotta love people who will tell you what video games you shouldn't be playing. ^^

    I thank the stars above that FOX News has yet to discover that you can purposefully make homosexual video game characters in EA Games' newest SIMS 3 (well...which you could have done in SIMS 1 and 2 also, all along over the past 7 years...but eh...) that have relationships and can "woo hoo" and adopt virtual children in their virtual neighborhoods. >.>;;

    MUA2 looks neat...hopefully the animation is less jerky than in the other games in the series. :) But it would be nice to recreate all those "Civil War" teams as well as the "Dark Reign" teams. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you mention that, since MUA2 picks up with the Civil War storyline and you have to choose early on to be pro- or anti- mutant registration. I didnt read a lot about that storyline, but what little I did read it sounds like it should be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete