Monday, August 24, 2009

The Waffle

 
This is not a waffle......


I know its morning and you may think this post is about a breakfast food.  Actually in the MMO world, a waffle carries an entirely new meaning.  It's used to describe someone who falls asleep at the keyboard with their face planted squarely on the keys.  And when they wake up, their face looks like its been sitting on a waffle iron.  I bring this up for 2 reasons.  First reason is that when I played FFXI, I had waffling down to a science.  And sometimes, I would waffle at the worst possible time, like waffling and running away from a one of the Nyzul Isle bosses.  Obviously you can waffle playing other games too, but if it is a single player game, who is gonna notice?  Last night playing Bioshock, which is an unbelievable game by the way (I will get more into Bioshock later), I am having a good old time playing, and the next thing I know, I wake up and its after 4 AM this morning.  I shut down the 360, roll over and go to sleep.  So the art of the waffle lives on.



 This is a waffle!!!

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA, for me, back in the days, we had curly fries on our faces from lying our faces on the spiral notebooks!! i bet you remember those too !!

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know that it wasn't your FF company that put you to sleep. ^.~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this and it happens to pertain to your topic. Enjoy.

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LIhl02UuweQ/Skj0xEZcdqI/AAAAAAAABcM/0JW8IohNKQY/s1600-h/Quote+Trea8.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, you know that I'm not used to waffle, but back then in 2005 when everyone were doing their "prommies" I decided to wait for the group 2h so we could try the boss fight a second time without having to redo the promivyon climb...

    That was my first FFXI waffle. Too bad all that effort gone to waste because we failed on the second attempt as well...

    To be honest I think I waffled like three times in my whole FFXI career...

    Great memories !

    ReplyDelete