Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Guess who's back. Back again....

After taking a break from my blog, and with March being such a huge month for me gaming wise, I decided to hop back on and jump start the blog. Not only that but Square Enix recently announced a huge bit of news concerning my old stomping grounds of Vana'diel which is unbelievable.

So where hve I been and what have I been doing? Well gaming of course. I'll try to give a quick rundown as to what I've been playing lately. After giving "Fight Night Round 4" a go, which by the way is an excellent game, one of the best games came out at the end of January. Commander Sheperd and company made a triumphant and ass-kicking return in "Mass Effect 2". This game was a noticeable improvement over the first game, which was hard to accomplish seeing as how the first game was so good itself. I won't go into a lot of details, but the end cutscene was jaw-dropping and made me and thousands of other gamers want "Mass Effect 3" NOW!!! On the bright side, "ME3" is being released next January so we won't have long to wait.

After I beat "ME3", I went on a Xbox Live Arcade binge, playing a lot of "Puzzle Quest" and "Puzzle Quest: Galactrix". Both are quite fun and definitely addictive. Then I actually ordered a game, which I don't often do. I ordered the original "Fable: The Lost Chapters" and also bought "Fable II: G.O.T.Y. Edition" with the extra DLC included. I had heard quite a bit about these games from people I know, but never took the jump into Albion. I wish I woulda listened earlier on. Both games are so much fun. The one thing that is surprising me about both games is the humor in each. Since they use all British accents, some of the lines sound like they could be pulled from an episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus. I've played and beat "Fable" already and am now in the middle of "Fable II". Somewhere in there I also played the Arcade game "Fable II Pub Games" which had an interesting hook. Any gold you won or lost would affect your actual ingame "Fable II" character, and winning game tournaments in "Pub Games" unlock "Fable II" ingame items. So anyway I unlocked everything there, and fast forward to today, amd back to playing "Fable II".

Now I started off this post talking about this month for gaming. Two of the games I have been waiting a long time for come out later this month within a week of each other. March 9 signals the release of the first single player "Final Fantasy" game on the 360, that being the highly anticipated release of "Final Fantasy XIII". I have been really excited about this game since I saw it first announced at last years E3 and now we are a week away. Then, a week later comes the first full expansion pack for "Dragon Age: Origins", that being "DA: O - Awakenings". From what information I have read, this expansion is gonna be packed so I am looking forward to that as well. There is one problem though. There aren't enough hours in the day to play these games. So for the month of march, I will be giving up sleep.

I also mentioned some "FFXI" news, but since this post is getting a little long, and since I want to hop onto "Fable II", I will be saving that for a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment